Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #9


Wow, I spent way too long on Flickr. It is really addicting. I found myself searching for a certain tag and then going off from there. I spent a long time searching for pictures I knew I had uploaded a couple of years ago. I couldn't remember the sign-in information so I never did find them. It really proved how important the tags are. I can empathize with Hoopla and her comment of using Flickr to save personal pictures.

I enjoyed checking out the different educational possibilities. Of course, like everything else the list is endless. I particularly liked the idea of using the pictures to illustrate a story or poem. In addition to using pictures for stories, the vocabulary idea was great. I could see it for both primary and upper elementary. The author used it to illustrate degrees of meaning (which is good) but I think just for basic vocabulary would be super. Think of the virtual vocabulary learning the ESL student could have.

I chose the picture of the teacher by Victor Keppler because she reminds me of how we do not want to teach anymore. She's very pretty but far removed from the class. Obviously she has never had dirty, muddy hands giving her a hug! I want to incorporate this picture into a slide show for my literacy class to help make a point.

This was a great lesson even though it took a long time. All of these "Things" will take going back to and really getting into them. I read on someone's blog about using Whiteboard to take notes, I had already forgotten about it! Oh me!

No comments:

Post a Comment