Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #10

I think this has been the coolest so far. I know some of the earlier stuff on reading professional feeds etc. should have been the BEST but, this was so fun! Making slideshows has so many possibilities for classroom use. Just the example of Brown Bear was exciting. I could see the Bubbleshare being used for character studies. Think of the character trait and then students could find pictures (or take and upload their own) to illustrate. Then with Bubbleshare they could add speech bubbles. Lots of possibilities.

I thought Jan's slideshow was great. Hers is perfect for prek-kinder kids. It was very simple with clear pictures of science terms with very simple (one word) labels.

I am going to continue to play around with these different types of slideshows and create some personal ones. We all have those pictures that need a funny caption.


Photo Credits
Teacher at Desk by Victor Keppler
Children in Flower Costumes by The Field Museum Library
Dr. Drew H. Turner looking over a groups of children's teeth by State Library and Archives of Florida
Cream of Wheat, Boys Playing Footbal by George Eastman House
Repatrianten by Nationaal Archief
WIlliam Fox School, twins and grads by Library of Virginia
Free Fly by Abishesh

After adding all the attributes for the photos it would be wise for students (especially young ones) to use the pictures they have uploaded or someone uploaded for them. I need to go back and check because I got confused. Do we give credit to the person/site who uploaded the picture or the original photographer? Perhaps I did this wrong.

Okay after showing this to my husband I just realizedI have that stupid song! Now I can't figure out how to take it off without redoing the whole thing. So for now, ignore the song.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the slideshow!

    As for the attribution, I usually use the name of the person who uploaded the photo and link to the photo page.

    ReplyDelete