Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing 11

R E A letter D I N G LE a R n I letter N letter G
Thing 11
These were so much fun. I had a little bit of trouble with Mosaic Maker, uploading pictures from my computer. It was mainly trial and error, mostly error!


The spelling one was great and really easy. I had trouble with the spacing but I think I just thought of a way to fix it. I'll have to go back later and try it. I am not sure at this time, other than fun, how to incorporate this into primary classrooms. Of course they can spell their names and/or word wall words but I was trying to think of something else.

I initially wanted to do a mosaic for the letters in the alphabet. I thought it would be cool to have the letter in the center and then pictures that begin with the same letter all around it. I still think it's a good idea but when I thought of having to give attributions to all the pictures I rethought it. Instead, I did a mosaic of my grandson, Parker. Those pictures I had already on my computer so it was relatively easy. Sometimes when I would click on upload nothing would happen

The trading card I think could be used in a character study. Lots of possibilities. Then the only problem I see is time. Teachers having the time to really play around with the different possibilities and figuring out to utilize them in the classroom. I suppose there are students out there that already know how to use these and they could be the 'expert' in the class. Of course that would require giving up some control and some teachers take issue with that hum.....
Really, with everything that is available shouldn't learning be more fun? So much to ponder!

1 comment: