Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 20

This is true confessions of a staff development attendee. It always bothers me, as a presenter, that people attend staff development and don't implement.I am ashamed to say I have been one of those!! I attended a training, quick but still none the less training, on google docs back in October. When I signed in tonight, I even had some documents I apparently had saved! Go figure! I never used that knowledge and now I am kicking myself. It would have made so many things easier this past year.

Writing curriculum would have been helped if I could have shared a document with the others on the team, they could have commented, edited, etc. and we could have moved on. Although, google docs does take the fun out of emailing and forgetting to attach, then emailing to remind the person there was no attachment, then sending it again! Wow, I may be even more productive now!

I used a google doc to send to the participants in the class. It might not be the best format but I'll soon see if I get comments from my contributors. I also created a spreadsheet calendar to share with my husband. This seemed to have had more features than google calendar. I do so hope they are not one in the same and I was just too dumb to figure it out!

I plan on using a document format with the people in my literacy class. I want to creat rubrics and collaborate to create them. I really like the idea b's babble had to create a spreadsheet for acceleration. Finished My First Year had a great idea for a newsletter.

The only frustration I had was that I kept getting an error saying that Firefox couldn't support googledocs. So, I did it on explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment