Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 18

You were right, one could spend hours and hours on YouTube and TeacherTube. It is really easy to get lost in the abyss of videos. I guess I think it's fine that there is a venue for people who want to be performers to post their products but I have seen email after email fly around with links to youtube videos that really make fun of people. Maybe that was the creator's intent, to get noticed. I hadn't really experienced Youtube as educational until we started watching them in One Tech Tutorial. I must say I prefer TeacherTube over Youtube just because the inappropriate stuff is filtered out.

I watched several, in one, the premise was good but it was boring to watch. It was How To Correct Common Reading Problems in Children: Robotic Reading. I didn't even copy the address I clicked off of it! I do think with a little digging I could find some that would work for teachers. Again, what a great, short staff development. Why recreate if someone has already created?

Of course there are funny ones. I watch Very Funny Cats. However, I didn't realize that there were so many how-to videos. Since I run, I watched one on breathing.
My favorite was on TeacherTube, Why Read Stories. It's a little heavy but good.



On a lighter note - Reading Everywhere




I have to fix my videos. They show up in the preview but when I published I got an error. I thought it had to do with a different one so I deleted that one. Hummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment