Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thing #8

First let me say that I learned some new things about the big C copyright. I didn't realize that once we wrote, drew, sang or whatever that we had copyright. I would think it could be hard to prove if one hadn't gone and gotten the legal 'C' on their works. But oh well.

I love the creative commons. I can really see possibilities for the classroom, curriculum, the list goes on and on. I have used the commons on Wikipedia before. In preparing lessons and games for curriculum the pictures have been great.

I hadn't noticed the creative commons logo before but that doesn't mean anything. I am not always as observant as I should be. Now I notice it all the time. It's like learning a new word. You never noticed it but once you learn it, you hear it everywhere. I know students will love using the creative commons.

I had not heard of Scribd before. There are some really cool articles that people are reading. It too is overwhelming and I want to go back and spend some time.

I was surprised to see some pictures from my daughter's wedding that a friend had taken on flickr with attributions. Pretty funny.

Overall, I appreciate having access to images, articles, etc that can be used without all the legal nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment