Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Last Thing

Can it be possible that I actually finished all 23 Things, plus Thing a and Thing b? I can blog in the dark, I can blog while dogs bark. I can NING, I'm Delicious! I've got a wiki here, working on a wiki there. I am so socially networked it's crazy! I have flickred my picasas and read my feeds.

I can't remember a class that was so intimidating going in, time consuming, at times frustrating, yet absolutely mentally challenging and fun! It is truly worth it.

It is hard to limit a discovery to my favorite as it seemed everything was new. Professionally, I think the Google docs will help me the most in my position. Once I create a wiki for work or adapt the one I have to include work that will be nice. As much as I love to read, it's hard to keep up with, not to mention cost, books. The feeds are a super way to stay updated with what is going on. And you are getting current thoughts.

This class has taught me that even though I thought I was a lifelong learner, I am not sure in what world I was learning. Obviously not the tech world. Whew, I never knew all that was out there. As I said in several of my posts, with all this available how can learning in 09-10 be anything but exciting?

I plan to keep checking my feeds but honestly I have to make a schedule to remind myself. I am planning on either adapting this blog or starting a new one that is more open to literacy. I think one with teachers would be fun.

I think the take-away for me is that the internet is an incredible tool that we are not using to the fullest (hmmmm like our brains maybe). I was very skeptical whenever anyone would mention technology being used in the classroom. Always afraid of being replaced! How ignorant could I have been?

If there is an update class like 46 Things or something I would be very interested. Maybe during the year would be a little easier. I thought the summer would be easier but the time was short if one is still working. Certainly worth it though. I wouldn't change a thing. You ladies did a superb job! I am proud of myself for finishing and have such a sense of accomplishment. I even added the badge to my facebook page! What a nerd I am!

1 comment:

  1. I think I will probably start a new blog to use with teachers. I want to keep my blog for this class to go back and refer to. This format will help me remember all the 23 things and where to find them.
    Oh, and congrats on finishing. I agree it was a massive task!

    ReplyDelete