Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 16

Although overwhelming, this one was easy. I can see a lot of uses for me personally. When I have time I would like to add my professional books. That way teachers in the district could look and see if I have the book without emailing. Just cut out the middle man. Also, with the tags, they could see other books that they might like. For my fun books that may have to wait.

Library Thing was really a wealth of information. I think kids would love to join the 50 Book Challenge. I think being part of a group would excite them. Much more fun than keeping track on a list. Plus, not as easy to lose. They could see other books by the same author or topic.

I was blown away by all the groups. That should have been a burning quesion! Who thinks of all these groups. The Tea Group...really, it made me laugh.

I do think the groups would be good in upper elementary, middle and high school. I think it would be a good example for boys. They could even start their own group. It seems like it could almost be a support group for kids who need 'permission' to read.

I wasn't impressed with the Suggester. Each time it just listed different editions of the same title. I tried several and got the same thing. I did find the Unsuggester kind of cool. It was interesting to see what they thought one wouldn't enjoy. Sometimes I read completely different books. But I have friends who will only read one type of books. For them, this would be helpful.

So this is one more bookmark for me to go back to and explore in much more depth!

No comments:

Post a Comment