Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 15

Creating a wiki was a blast. I can see a lot of potential for using it not only personally but professionally as well. It was very easy to create and add things to mine. It's Running Reader. I would like to go back and really take some time and create a unique one since we were all using the same template.

I was a little confused about the title. I noticed some people called theirs practice page, etc. I guess I thought the title of the wiki was the main thing, then each page would have a sub-title. Maybe I am wrong or maybe it doesn't matter.

Adding the Voki was a tad frustrating only because I didn't read carefully enough (go figure). Once I went back through and realized I was to use the widget button it was great.

In addition to creating a Voki I also used the billboard feature. That was fun. I can see kids having fun creating billboards maybe with persuasion or a character study.

Trying to get my page added to the others is still frustrating. I can't seem to do it or even find where I am suppose to do it. One comment I found was that the link was on the bottom of the homepage. Didn't see it. My page does show up in orphans. It was comforting to see that there are some other orphans. Perhaps we will be fostered out soon and have a home. Actually I think if I leave this for a while and come back to it, I can figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. All you need to do is add a link to your page on the front page of the wiki. Click the Edit button, scroll down to the bottom of the page and start typing your page name at the very bottom, then make what you typed a link. I think you will get it when you go back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is going to cause me to drink during the day! Really, I did what you said but it added the whole link. Then if I click on the link, it says the page doesn't exist. It really does. I give up for now. I am sur eit is something simple but ......not for me right now. I'll come back to it even later.

    ReplyDelete