Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thing 12

Wow, one could spend a day (or more) on each of these. First I played around with 30 Boxes. I am not sure how it compares to Google Calendar which I started using. I will have to play around with it more. I did like the fact that you can keep track of b-days, etc. on it. Although after I listed some, it had an April birthday posted in July. I am sure it was the progam and not me, haha!

I like Polldaddy and could see a lot of potential for the Reading Team to use with teachers. We are constantly trying to think of ways to poll information. This would be good. Again, we learned (ever so briefly) in One Tech Tutorial about a survey option and I am not sure how these compare, if there is a reason to use one over the other etc. I'll have to explore more. Here is my survey.


I loved Picnik. That can be used in so many ways. I am not sure of the educatioinal purposes in primary but for personal use it 's great. I used the black and white feature and then added the fade. I had to use a picture of my Grandson, but I guess I could have included my daughter with them!

As I have said before since starting this class, there are so many tools out there for us to use to hook kids into learning. There really is no excuse not to incorporate some. The kids are going to be technologically savvy the question is are we? How badly do we want them to learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment