Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 17

I have been anticipating this Thing for some time. (I know, how silly, I could have jumped right to it first, but since I am an educator and they were listed sequentially, I followed them sequentially!)

I listened to several podcasts on The Education Podcast Network, Miette's Bedtime Stories, for one. I was disappointed the The Daily Idiom wouldn't open. Author's in Your Pocket and The Rob and Bob Show were good too.

I actually subscribed to: Authors in Your Pocket, Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips, Just One More Book. In fact I learned when to use a colon as opposed to a dash on the Grammar Girl's podcast. Pretty funny. Kids would love listening to them. It's a lot more interesting than a worksheet.

I loved the Jamestown Elementary podcasts. Now there is an example of incorporating technology into the classroom! Wow, the podcasts the 2nd graders created using every genre from poems to songs to depict life in early Jamestown were unbelievable!

There are so many uses for these. Obviously in the classroom but I think I am going to create some quick ones for curriculum. Teachers don't have time to sit and watch a 30 minute video, but everyone can squeeze in 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment