Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #1

Wow, this is a little intimidating. It is one thing to respond to a journal and quite another to blog for all the world (or small portion of) to read. I have been fascinated by the technology possibilities for some time as I see websites from business to family, hear about My Space and Facebook and Twitter.

My reluctance to embrace this technology (really any) has been Habits 4 and 6. Being married to a technology guy it is much easier to forward things to him to fix or even create for me. That way I didn't have to learn it and it was done much faster. Because of my lack of confidence with technology, I was not able to fully see the implications not only in my job but personal life. Several people have already commented on the fact that if we don't embrace technology, WE will be the ones left behind. Our children and students already embrace it.

The Habit that will work well for me is #3. I try to see most problems as a challenge. I like to think there isn't anything I can't do or at least try. The harder it is the more determined I become. Hopefully, this will hold true with technology.

Already in this short time I see the importance of Habit 6. So, not only is it a challenge it is the Habit that will be the most important. Since so much of my job requires training/staff development, we need to rethink how we deliver information. Teachers are tired after school. I am excited to see how the podcasts can be incorporated.

1 comment: